29.6.20

MEG Maximus

MEG Battle report


Hi All after almost 3 months I visited the Club (Strategikon Athens) for a game of MEG on Saturday.

As you can see the safety / anti Convid protocol is in force.


It was a friendly game between my Later Northern Song (LNS) vs the Almughavars.

I had 12 Ugs vs my opponent’s 10 Ugs.


My opponent won the dice roll and picked to be attacker.

We setup the teren kai he out scouted me by 40% (not looking good).

After the set up it was clear he was going to press on my right with 2 ugs of knights as well as the center with all his foot.


I wanted to shoot while falling back until I had made a big dent in the enemy line.


Having 2 talented and 2 competent generals gave me a big advantage in command and control. I waited (using cards) for my opponent to move and then moved where I wanted.

The first round of shooting (2nd turn) was at 4 BW and I made hits on 5 groups (3 foot, 2 knights).   The knights charged but my cavalry evaded.


In the 3rd we had the same. Some bases were killed.

Turn 4 and my opponent charged with his foot at a range on 3 BW it was a blood bath my crossbows (S=Wound) made a big dent, none of his UGs could make in.


At this point the knights that charged contacted my cavalry (after I made some shoots) but I did not skirmish as the edge of the table was very near.



The battle between the knights and my Ug of cavalry was the only close combat we had all game.

In the end I lost the cavalry and my opponent lost 4 Ugs.

A good game and it was nice to be in the club.


No comments: