12.7.20

MEG Maximus

MEG Maximus


Hi All

We had another great game of MEG yesterday.

The Later Northern Song (12 UGs) vs the Lusignan Cypriot (14 UGs)

I was attacker and after teren was finished we had a protected flank and two pieces of vineyards.

My opponent was trying out the Cypriots and had taken 4x4 Tugs of Knights along with supporting foot (crossbowmen, Short spear foot, 1 tug of impact foot).

   I out scouted him and i saw that foot was on my left and on the center while knights were on the right along with 1 Sug of light horse. I countered with my foot and put all of my cavalry bow vs the knights.

Turn 1


The Battle started with my opponent moving and me counter moving.

Turn 2


Knights charged my cavalry bow and i skirmished and actually killed a base in one tug while causing a wound on the other (very good stats for white dice).

On the rest of the line we exchanged shoot with wound scored for both (his short spear foot had shield cover) .

I moved my cavalry bow in range to shoot at the knights again in the next turn

Turn 3


1 Tug of knights charged again this time with a small wheel and would contact my last tug of foot, while the other charged the other cavalry. Again I skirmished with the cavalry and fired a total of 5 shots at the knights (3 from the horse 2 from the foot).

The knights made contact with the foot (they could not get the horse).

On the rest of the front we continued the exchange of shoots.

Turn 4


 The knight charged the cavalry again this time getting shoot by 6 dice (no more knights). The Tug of knights fighting my foot Tug took a KaB test and broke as well.


In the center the spear foot charged and was hit by 6 dice of crossbow (taking 4 hits), in the impact that followed PA vs Short spear was not good for me (1 hit vs 3 hits) but finally in the melee i did the 2 hits needed to break the enemy (KaB test for 3 other units) and then it happened as all were average the yellow dice was killer. In the end my opponent lost 3-4 units to KaB test (they had taken hits from the shooting as well). In one instance a unit took 3 KaB tests as 3 units within 3 BW of it had broken.

I had lost 1 Tug in total but had 2 more a breaking point. 


No comments: