19.7.20

Warhammer 40k AAR

Another weekend, another game played

This time it was Warhammer 40k (9th edition)

My oponent and I had not tested 9th yet so we opted for 1000 pts (old point system) lists.

I had a Battalion of World Eaters with 3x 7 khorne berserkers, 1x12 Chaos cultists, 1x5 Terminators (red Butchers)with Power Fists, 2 mauler fiends, 1 Chaos lord with jet pack (to deep strike with the terminators, 1 Master of executions (points i had)

My opponent had a Battalion of space wolves I don't remember the specifics but it had a squad of 5 wolfen, 1 gunship (2x lascanon, storm bolters and a space wolves canon on it) and Bjorn (dreadnought) amongst other things.   

My opponent supplied the terrain as he is Pedion modular terrain (https://pedion.ecwid.com/ )

following all the 9th edition set up rules i got the feeling that the process makes you think more before you set up and a unit deployed by the opponent will make you alter you plan.

My plan was simple run forward and get into combat with the enemy. I put the terminators and chaos lord in reserve.

My opponent deployed a bit back as to have some rounds of shooting before we had to come in contact. He put the wolfen in the gunship and waited for me.

We rolled of and I was playing second. Having used 2 of my 6 CP for the red butcher I opted to use some more before the game started to move some infantry 9 inches (apoplectic Frenzy)

Turn 1

The Space wolves did not move in the first turn and started shooting. I lost 3 berserkers (1 from each squad) and one of the fiends lost a wound from a las cannon shot.  

I moved everything up the board. My berserkers were in range to charge but only the ones on the left made it in whipping out an infantry (Primaris) squad and contacting a priest.

Turn 2

The space wolves unlashed the wolfen on the berserkers on my left killing the off. The rest of the army shoot at me killing one of the fiends which exploded killing 1-2 of my figures from the nearby squads. 

 

I teleported in the terminators and the lord and also moved the other unit close to the enemy. In the charge phase I charged in with everything. the icon of wrath helped allot and the fact that the chaos lord had violent urgency also helped.


Master of Execution vs 5 wolfen (killed 4 of them and died)

Terminators vs a squad of Primaris (killed them all taking a wound in the over watch)

Chaos lord vs a squad of tactical marines (killed them all taking no wounds)

The fact that my opponent used his last CP for the over watch on the terminators helped me as no interruption was possible.

Turn 3

The space wolves were left with Bjorn the gunship and 1 wolfen. The wolfen charged a squad of Berserkers, Bjorn charged the chaos lord and the gunship opened fire on the terminators.

Bjorn killed the lord

Wolfen killed 1-2 Berserkers and then died

In my turn the Terminators fired and charged on Bjorn, My last 3 Berserkers charged the Gunship that was hovering (as i understand you can in 9th)

Bjorn was killed

Gunship left on one wound

We stopped the game at that point.

I found the terrain rules very well written and easy to understand. Also the over watch changes are good. finally the set up procedure changes are good in my opinion.  


No comments: