19.9.20

MEG Maximus

 

Hi All

Had another game of MEG maximus at Our club in Athens (Strategkon) on Saturday and as always it was very nice.

First out of the 4 games of MEG we had at the club (Strategikon Athens)

My Bahrain Army faced off against Later Crusaders of Vagelis



The match up was a bit in my favor as my favor as my Close foot/ long spear/ shield cover/ integral shooter infantry (9 tugs) was terrifying for the opponent.

We placed terrain (Vagelis putting secured flank with sea).

I opted to send 3 Tugs of flexible cavalry on a flank march and placed some bowmen in a wood on my open side. Vagelis put some infantry and knights ready to move on two gentile hills close to his deployment zone.

Round 1

I Got 2 red cards on the command that was flanking (only needed one) Thanks Vagelis for dealing them.

I moved all my army forward in three echelons while Vagelis took the Gentile hills (one with mixed foot) (one with Knights Fanatics)

Round 2

I moved again my foot forward and entered my cavalry with a double move so i could change from skirmish to cavalry.

Vagelis moved some units around mostly his infantry and some shooty cavalry.

Round 3



I charged one of the hills (it had 1 tug of foot) with 3 Tugs of Long Spearmen and surrounded the other hill with foot and cavalry.

Vagelis sent some knight he had in reserve to help the hill with the knights.

Round 4



I charged the knights that came to help the hill from the flank.

Vagelis at the end of the turn seeing the situation was not good at all surrendered.

A nice game but as mentioned in the start not a good much up for my opponent.

  

No comments: