12.9.20

MEG Maximus

Hi

Had another great game of MEG Maximus yesterday with my friend George.

I had my Later Northern Song

George was using Jeosen Korean

Needles to say with both had lots of shooting (George had more skilled than me)

After the set up we tied in the scouting and as George was defender he set up units first

Turn 1

We both moved our battle lines forward I stayed at 4 BW in order to shoot with my foot while keeping my cavalry in the far left a good distance from Georges cavalry. George had mixed his Pole arm Tugs with artillery so he I was not going to charge him

Turn 2

George charged with 2 Tugs of cavalry my 2 Tugs of cavalry I opted to skirmish and rolled 1 and 2 respectively. Georges Charging lancers made contact only taking 1 wound from the shooting.

We both fired along the battle line with some casualties.  

Turn 3

Georges Lancers having destroyed my 1 Tug charged the second Tug of horse along with a Tug of Georges horse archers, I rolled a 6 and barely survived but I was at the end of the table so no more running for me.

We both fired along the battle line and I started to get ahead in casualties caused (more dice for me).

Turn 4

Georges Lancers charged my last cavalry I stayed and took the charge.

We both fired along the battle line and George lost his first Tug (Superior Skilled Bow foot).

Turn 5

Georges Lancers turned after they had destroyed my last cavalry and started to threaten my exposed side.

I moved some foot around to buy time.

Georges foot was starting to have problems (4 Tug 1 casualty from breaking)

Turn 6

Disaster strikes my army.

George charges with his horse archers and charging lancers on 1 of my Tugs and I loss the Tug and the general which was with it.

Another General is killed from another Tug I had fighting some Pole arms men.

4 Tugs start taking KaB tests (one for the dead general and one for the Tug that broke).

Aftermath of the KaB test is 3 more Tugs breaking along with my army.

 

After the battle and much pondering I should had put infantry against the charging lancers and not the cavalry but too late.

No comments: