7.12.20

MEG Maximus

 

Hi All

Yesterday I had a very nice game of MEG Maximus

My Syracusans vs Hussite

My list was comprised of 7 Tugs of Hoplites, 2 Tugs of Gallic, 1 Tug of Italian Mercenaries, 1 Tug of Greek Cavalry and an Ally Numidian (1 Tug,2 Sugs)

My opponent had Lots of war wagons, Lots of artillery and some foot and horse

I out scouted my opponent.

I sent the Numidian on a flank march while I deployed my Hoplites in the center, my Gallic foot on my right.

My opponent put his war wagons and artillery in a line and waited for me.

I was attacker and did nothing (waiting for the flank to get the red card needed).



In round 2 I got the red card I needed for the flank to enter and informed my opponent from which side it would be coming, He had 1 Tug (4 bases) of CL cavalry waiting on that side and started sending a second Tug of CL to support them.


I want to say that neither of us had played much with war wagons and we got something's wrong.   

Round 3 My foot came close to the enemy and started getting shot up (even with white dice). My Numidians came in and were set up to start shooting at the enemy.  

In round 4 My infantry charged (not a good idea vs war wagons) while my enemy charged the Numidians with his CL (not a good idea). I started taking casualties in my foot Tugs while my enemies CL were destroyed.

Starting round 5 after numerous back and forth's it all came down to two combats.

My spearmen fighting his polearm men. We both needed two Tugs to break and in the final dice role we both broke.  

The second battle I've used the Syracusan and they did good. Especially the Numidians have never let me down.
I have also started taking a liking to the Gallic foot

We have to read up on the war wagon rules though   


No comments: