30.12.20

MEG Maximus

 


Hi All

Yesterday I had a very nice game of MEG Maximus

My Syracusans vs Later French Ordonance

My list was comprised of 7 Tugs of Hoplites, 3 Tugs of Gallic, 1 Tug of Greek Cavalry and an Ally Numidian (1 Tug,2 Sugs)

My opponent had Lots of Pikes (one was a Kiel), Lots of Pbow and some knights

I out scouted my opponent.

I put the Numidian on my far left I deployed my Hoplites in the center and right, my Gallic foot on my left .

My opponent put 2 Pikes a Pbow and a knight in front of his camp while the rest of his army was on my right .

I was attacker and moved up with my Numidian horse at full speed (double move) while the rest of my army moved at normal speed.

In round 2 the first shooting started and my Numidian Horse started taking hits (never put horse vs Pbow) but at least I was giving back (skilled jav vs Pbow).

I want to say that neither of us had played much with Kiel and we got something's wrong.   

Round 3 I started falling back with the 2 Tugs of Lsp in front of the Kiel, while my other spear Tugs started getting ready to charge Pbows. On the other flank 2 Sugs of Numidians were shooting at a Knight Tug, while i was spending cards for the Gallic foot not to charge the Pikes.  

In round 4 and 2 tugs of Lsp charged Pbows, a group of crossbowmen charged a Tug of Lsp from the side and the Kiel was ready to charge my foot.

Starting round 5 the Numidians broke the knight. The Kiel charged the foot and I was starting to get ahead in the battle vs the Pbow, crossbows.  

In the end I destroyed 5 tugs of the enemy (broke the army) and i lost 3 Tugs (2 were lost vs the Kiel)

I have to say after playing vs the Kiel that it is a Bulldozer (Sup, Pike, 12 bases) I was playing white vs yellow or white vs red (after i took some casualties).

The Numidians (4th game in a row) played very well.
I think my opponent should have stayed in half the board using the big hill in the center as anchor. Imagine if he had the Kiel supported by 2 Tugs of Pike and further the Pbows, while the crossbow and some Pbow held the Hill, the knights in reserve.
It would have been a nightmare for me to attack.   


No comments: