26.4.21

MEG Maximus

 

Hi All

Had 2 great games of MEG Maximus in the weekend first game was my Syracusan vs Achaemenid Persian.

I had lots of heavy foot Hoplites some Gaul's and some Numidians while my opponent had some mixed foot (4 tugs if I counted correctly) and lots of cavalry.



I was out scouted and set up first.
I had a woods on my left and the Gaul foot (flexible) was placed in it, my Hoplites took the center (all had shield cover) and on my right I placed my Numidian ally.

The enemy had his foot in the center (way back) cavalry on the left and lots of cavalry on the right.

We started the battle with me pressing with the Gauls and the infantry while the Numidia's were trying to hold the right. My opponent (An experienced wargamer) was pressing on my right while his left was waiting to see what the Gaul's would do.

Round 2

We started the shooting and it was very effective on both sides my Numidians killed off 2 bases of an enemy SUG in the first round of shooting, while my Gaul's started taking hits and I lost a base.

Round 3

Some Persian cavalry charged into a Tug of Gaul's (they were in loose order) while my Numidian nobles (in Tug formation) along with some Hoplites charged some Persian cavalry.

The shooting from both sides continued.

Round 4

I lost a Tug of Gaul's from the cavalry and I also lost some Greek cavalry that tried to help them. On the up side I destroyed a Sug and a Tug of cavalry.

Round 5

Last round of the game and we were both very cautious I lost a Sug of Numidians

The game ended with a 1 point victory to the Persians. In retrospect I was very hesitant with my Hoplites. My opponents played a very good game.

No comments: