22.11.21

MEG Maximus Late 100YW English vs Free Company

 

Hi All

A battle from last week

My Late 100 YW English vs Free Company

I was attacker and actually managed to out scout my opponent (not by much).

We started the set up and I aimed my English mounted knight for my opponent downgraded men at arms on my left.
My longbows in the center were opposite to his men at arms but my plan was to shoot and fall back. While on my right I had some skilled and my Ally opposite to some Polearm.

  Turn 1

I moved my left wing up as to be in charge range with the knights.


My opponent also move his center up the field.

Turn 2

I started with my knights on the left charging in on the foot.

The impact was tremendous with shatters happening.

Some shooting from my longbows on the men at arms did not do much.

In the movement I fell back with the longbow in the center while my skilled bow on my right got in position to shoot.
The melee was not good for my opponents foot which having taken many casualties in the impact broke and my knights followed them fleeing.

Turn 3

My opponent started by charging with his superior knights on a group of longbows that did not have stakes in the center. While we both charged each other on the left side (only my mounted knights could not charge as they were far away now).
The enemy knights devastated the longbows but I did not brake (thankfully they were only 2 wide and even though he killed 2 of my bases I survived). The rest of the charged were equal (I charged with dismounted knights on longbows and he charged with men at arms on longbows)

My skilled longbows again shoot the pole arms and actually started making a dent on the 9 strong unit.

In the movement I started to get the mounted knights in position for flank charges and shuffled about my unengaged units.

My ally was also ready for a charge next turn on some men at arms and some more longbows.

Turn 4

My mounted knights charged in on the enemies’ rear catching two units (longbows and men at arms) on the left.

The charge was terrible for the enemy and it saved my longbows which were fighting the men at arms.
In the shooting my skilled longbows on my right devastated the pole arms and finally broke the unit (9 green dice is all I needed).

Most units were either engaged or pursuing troops so movement was minimal.

In the Melee I broke the men at arms with the mounted knights and the longbows.

While the battle in the center was also coming to an end with me losing the superior ally knights and my opponent losing some longbows.

At that point the Free company army broke and the game was over.     


No comments: