11.11.21

MEG Maximus Later 100YW English vs French Ordonnace (2nd battle)

Hi All

Second battle (English vs French)

The lists are the same as the previous battle

So after the roll of the French chose to defend and picked Coastal area.
After terrain was placed and scouting was done (French won the scouting) we started setting up.

I placed my Burgundian ally on my left flank, my skilled longbow on my right and the rest of the army in the center (knights and longbows), while the Welsh spearmen protected the camp (very important).

On the opposite side the French had 2 mounted knights opposite to the Burgundians, longbow in the center and 2 dismounted knights and a crossbow on my right.

Turn 1

I moved one of my mounted knights at full speed as to come close (outside 5 BW of the enemy longbows). The move caused havoc to the enemy battle plan.
I also pushed up my skilled longbows as to both shoot at 1 unit of enemy longbow men.
On the opposite side the French moved up their knights against the Burgundians and their center moved up. But due to lack of cards and my pesky knights 2 units of longbow had to stay back (moved only 2 BW as to come just outside 4BW and placed stakes).

Turn 2

No charges yet but the 2 units of French longbow shot at my knights (causing 2 kills). My skilled longbows also shot at the French causing 3 kills.

In the movement the French knights on my left came close as to charge my dismounted Burgundians next turn.
I moved my center a bit (one dismounted knights unit came close as to charge the enemy longbow) as did the French.
After the French ended their move I (with my last move) turned my knights (all 4 of them) in the center and moved as to be ready to charge the French knights on my left.

Turn 3

The French knights charged against the Burgundians on my left, I charged the French knights side, my foot knights charged the enemy longbows and then a mess of units fighting for their survival.

In the Shooting phase my skilled longbow destroyed the unit of longbow opposite to them.

The French moved the 2 units of longbow that were in the back as to threaten my knights, I moved the skilled longbows as to be in range to shoot more targets and I pulled my center back.

I the melee that followed my unit of 4 knights managed to destroy the enemy superior knight they were fighting but it was simultaneous in the last roll of the fight.

My dismounted knights managed to break the enemy longbows they were in contact with and in the peruse fell on another unit of longbows.

The French knights fighting the Burgundians on my left broke off as to charge again next turn.

Turn 4

The French charged all over the battlefield (knight’s vs Burgundians, dismounted knight’s vs foot knights and longbow men).

In the shooting phase my skilled longbows again hit their marks and caused casualties.

In the movement I did not have many units unengaged as to move and same was true for the French.

The Melee was going to be the last one as I needed only 2 French units to break him while I had only lost 2 out of the 6 he needed.

My dismounted knights having already destroyed a unit of longbows were fighting the second but even though they killed of 3 bases the French managed to break me first.

The enemy dismounted knights fighting my foot knights and longbow broke my foot knights but the longbows managed (white and black dice) to break one of the enemy units as well.

Finally I got the last unit I needed to break in the form of the French mounted knights that were in combat with the Burgundian dismounted knights.

A victory for the English

5 units lost for the French and 4 units lost for the English   

No comments: