29.8.20

MEG Pacto


Hi All

On Saturday we had as part of the Global MEGathon 2020 our Athens event.

We played MEG Pacto and had 3 rounds (games).

My First game was vs George who apart from a good friend is also my sons god father.

I had Bahrain Qarmatian vs his Joseon Korean.

My list was simple

8 Tugs of Heavy foot with long spear, integral shooters and shield cover

3 Tugs of Flexible cavalry with long spear (unprotected)

2 Tugs unprotected Bow

1 Sug of bowmen

George had

2 Tugs of shooters (one was superior and skilled)

4 Tugs of Foot with Pole arm and artillery

2 Tugs of horse archers (skilled0

1 Tug of cavalry Charging lancers

I won the scouting and George started setting up first  I opted to put all my cavalry in flank move.

George put his foot anchored to a gentile hill and his cavalry on the other side.

Round 1

I moved the bulk of my foot to attack Georges foot while I keep 3 Tugs to hold off his cavalry

George only moved his cavalry.

Round 2

I got the Red card i needed for the flank move to enter

I moved my foot even more towered Georges foot while Georges cavalry was now threatening my side

Round 3

My cavalry entered the table in skirmish formation while my foot hit Georges foot

Georges cavalry hit my foot on the side and things were not looking good.

Round 4

After some initial bad luck (I lost 2 out of the 3 cavalry Tugs from bowmen) my last cavalry Tug hit Georges foot from the side and destroyed 4 Tugs of foot.

My side had all but crumbled by then (I had lost 2 Tugs of spear men and only had 1 Tug of Bow vs 3 cavalry Tugs in the open)

Round 5

George was phasing played and we only had 2 combats we both were one Tug from breaking (one was in Georges favor one was in my favor) George picked the one in his favor and broke my army.

 

A very nice game with lots of dead and suspense 

No comments: