30.8.20

MEG Pacto

 


Hi All

Second game of Saturdays MEGathlon my Bahrain vs Later Crusader (a Historical let's say match up)

My list same as in the first game had 13 Tugs and 1 Sug

My Opponent a Veteran war gamer with eons of experience (Thodoras) had 9 Tugs and 1 Sug (3 Superior knights and 1 average knight).

The game started with neither of us wanting terrain and only a rough hill falling on the Crusader side .

I out scouted my opponent and we set up. I had all of my Heavy foot up against his knights and mix foot infantry, while my cavalry was set up to exploit a gap that existed between the hill and the enemy battle line on the other side i had archers moving to take the side of the crusader.

Round 1

We both moved up as to charge each other

Round 2

The knights came cursing in unsupported (as they did historically), my spear men held in the impact but started taking casualties in the melee.

My cavalry moved in to take the enemy side as did my archers

Round 3

The knights broke through killing of 3 Tugs only the average knight was held.

My archers and cavalry were in place to charge the sides of the enemy.

Round 4

My foot charged the enemy foot from the front while the cavalry on one side and the archers on the other side hit the enemy.

The archers killed of a Knight that had taken casualties

Round 5

Disaster struck

one of my Tugs was hit by superior knights and it broke in the following KaB tests i lost 3 more Tugs (they were 1 or 2 hits from braking and the yellow dice as i am average is brutal)

 

A very nice game with lots of side/flank hitting and brutal KaB tests.    


No comments: