26.11.20

MEG Maximus

Hi All

Today I had a very nice game of MEG Maximus

My Western Han vs Crusader states

My list was comprised of 7 Tugs of mixed foot (Polearms & Crossbows) and 4 Tugs of bow cavalry.

My opponent had 4 Tugs of Knights (1 was fanatic), 2 Tugs of spearmen, 3 Tugs of Crossbows

I managed to out scout him and he had to start setting up first.

On my right my opponent place the bulk of his foot (2 spearmen, 2 crossbows) while I had 4 Tugs of mixed foot
In the center 2 Tugs of Knights faced off against 3 Tugs of cavalry

On my left 3 Tugs of mixed foot and 1 cavalry was up against 2 Tugs of Knights and 1 Tug of crossbows

My plan was simple move up and start shooting while avoiding to come into contact.

First my right and center came within range and started the shooting. My opponents Knights started charging my cavalry but did not have any luck catching me.

After a few rounds of cat and mouse a big gap was created in the center as both our forces had come close to my table edge.

I turned one of my foot on the left while my opponent turned the Fanatic Knights as to threaten my sides.

A series of charges came next and by the end of the turn my opponent had lost 1 Tug of Knights.

After that the melee was bloody as my mixed foot was fighting Knights to its front, another was fighting Knights to its flank, the Knights were fighting cavalry to their flank. CHAOS

By the end of the battle I had lost 1 Tug for 4 Tugs that my opponent had lost (The Fanatics were holding on with 1 base).

A very suspenseful battle. All the participants enjoyed it.

My opponent was on a bit of a mismatch.      

No comments: