1.11.20

MEG Maximus

 


Hi All

Had a great game of MEG Maximus on Saturday vs Kostas (the wise)

My Cyrenean Greeks faced off against his Polemaic army

I had 6x Tugs of Hoplites, 2 Tugs of Chariots, 1 Tug of Xystophoroi, 1 Sug of Javelin men and a Libyan ally  with 1 Tug of Chariots and 2 Tugs of Warriors

My opponent (the canning fox) had 4 Tugs of pike (1 superior), 1 Tug of spearmen, 1 Tug of Thracians, 2 Tugs of elephants, 1 Tug of Xystophoroi and 2 Sugs

After terrain was set up (Secured flank with woods) I was out scouted and set up my first units.

As I was the attacker I started moving my units with a goal to attack from my left with the Xystophoroi (6 of them). My foot moved up as to keep the pike occupied.

The first charge came when a Tug of 2 elephants charged 2 Tugs of chariots.

I made a Hit with my shooting and then in the impact and melee that followed I broke the beasts (white & black dice for me vs the beasts).

The chariots chased and fell on one Tug of Pikes and one Tug of Spearmen (not good for me).

But as all of the units the enemy had in my left were in combat my Xystophoroi passed by and it was up to my opponents Xystophoroi to stop me. My 6 bases with general vs his 4 bases (all equal in stats).

On my right things were not great but manageable. Hoplites vs Pike, Chariots vs Pike, Hoplites vs elephants and warriors vs Thracians (this one was bad)

in fact at that point only 2 Tugs of hoplites were free of combat and started moving for my enemies sides in the center which was empty.

On the following Turn I lost all 6 of my Xystophoroi for 1 dead opponent. My opponent used his Xystopohoroi after that to hit me on the flank in some places, while I hit him on the flank on his superior pike.

But attrition was not in my favor and slowly my units were taking hits faster than my opponents. First went the warriors facing the Thracians.

After that I lost 2 Tugs of Hoplites and I crumbled.

A great game we both played very well and it was a tight game.

Kostas is always a great opponent and new things came up.