29.11.20

MEG Pacto

 

Hi All

Today I had a very nice game of MEG Pacto

My Seleucid vs Cyrenian greek

My list was comprised of 3 Tugs of Pike, 2 Tugs long spear, 2 Tugs Cataphracts, 2 Tugs Bow, Thracians and Hillmen  

My opponent had 6 Tugs of Long spear, 3 Tugs of Chariots, 2 Tugs of loose foot warriors, 1 Tug Xystophoroi

I was out scouted and had to start setting up first.

I the center close to my opponent table edge there was some rough ground the rest of the field was open.

I set up my Thracians and Hill men opposite to the terrain while right of them I had all my heavy foot. My Cataphracts would attempt to hold the sides.

My opponent put his warriors (ally) on the rough and next to them all his heavy foot while the cavalry (chariots mostly) would attempt to surround me from both sides.

I was attacker and started by moving my heavy foot up the board double time. My Thracians and Hill men moved for the rough ground supported by archers. My opponent waited with his heavy foot (smart) and moved his cavalry on the sides.

In round 2 his chariots charged my cataphracts (hoping in numbers) while one of my archers that i had moved up was charged by some Hoplites (not smart on my part).

Round 3 saw all of my heavy foot charge in while the cataphracts on one of my sides were wiped out. In the center I was giving better than I was taking.

In round 4 my opponent turned his chariots to come to my flanks and set up a charge. My other cataphract was killed after taking a chariot with him. While my opponents center started breaking (Pike Pike Pike).

Starting round 5 I needed to break 1 tug to get victory while my opponent needed 3. He killed the Hillemen the Thracians. We both needed 1 Tug and the final dice roll would be my Archers vs his Hoplites (one base left on each) I rolled a sword on my white dice while he rolled a skull on his dice and we both broke.

As usual Pacto is Quick (it took us 2 hrs with terrain set up) and bloody       

As it was my opponent first solo game he commented (in Greek)

Q

Πολύ καλό και ενδιαφέρον...το μόνο άσχημο ήταν ο περιορισμένος χρόνος που είχαμε που μας επέτρεπε να παίξουμε το pacto. Αλλά ακόμα και η μικρή έκδοση του παιχνιδιού δεν έχανε σε τίποτα (τουλάχιστον αυτή την αίσθηση μου έδωσε). Υπήρχαν και οι αναμενόμενες καθυστερήσεις εκ μέρους μου καθώς ήταν η πρώτη μου ουσιαστικά μάχη και προσπαθούσα να βρώ τα πατήματά μου). Ο Γιάννης εξαιρετικός τόσο ώς αντίπαλος όσο και ώς δάσκαλος (υπομονετικός όπως πάντα) μου έκανε τις απαραίτητες διευκρινήσεις σε οτιδήποτε και άν δεν ήμουν σίγουρος ή πήγαινα να κάνω λανθασμένα. Ανυπομονώ για την επομενη μάχη...

Τον μηχανισμό τον βρήκα αρκετά ευχάριστο χωρίς να βαραίνει το παιχνίδι ή να μπουκώνει τους παίκτες με περιττές λεπτομέρειες.

 

UQ


1 comment:

Andrew Bruce said...

Very nice battle report I have shared your post here https://wargames-directory.com/forums/topic/seleucid-vs-cyrenian-greek/

Feel free to join and share your work

Take care

Andy