1.1.21

MEG Pacto

 


Hi All

Yesterday I had two very nice game of MEG Pacto
First Game

My Syracusans vs Later Republican Romans

My list was comprised of 7 Tugs of Hoplites, 3 Tugs of Gallic, 1 Tug of Greek Cavalry and an Ally Numidian (1 Tug,2 Sugs)

My opponent had exceptional Legion, Superior Legions, Average Legions and 2 Tugs of Roman Cavalry

In the first game I was out scouted.

I put all of my cavalry on my right flank, the Hoplites and Gallic foot were far back in the center .

My opponent put his 2 cavalry vs my horse and the foot in a line opposite to my foot .

I was attacker and moved up with my horse at full speed (double move) while the rest of my army did not move. My opponent move his foot forward and his horse came to counter my horse.


In round 2 The Roman horse charged my horse and lost one Tug from the skilled jav of my light horse, the other Tug was in contact with my sup Numidian cavalry Tug.

The Roman foot kept moving up but was still away

Round 3 I took care of the enemy horse and started moving my horse to be ready for flank charges.   

In round 4 The two foot lines came in contact while my horse started charging the flank of my enemy.

After the melee the enemy force broke after losing 5 Tugs, I had lost 3 Tugs.   

We had a chat and it was obvious why the Romans lost the battle.

The Syracusan (Numidian) Horse which was Skilled jav (2 Sugs), Sup (1 Tug) and average (1 Tug) had devastated the 2 Tugs of average Roman horse, further more the enemy foot did not turn to help the cavalry and was flanked.


1 comment:

pikeman666 said...

You’re right, the Romans can’t win cavalry fights. They need allied or mercenary horse, and skirmishing foot to survive. Those flank charges are deadly.