9.1.21

MEG Maximus

 


Hi All

 

Had another Great MEG Maximus Battle today

Syracusan vs Imperial Roma

I had 7 Tugs of Hoplites, 2 Tugs of Gallic foot, 1 Tug of Greek Cavalry and a Numidian Ally wth 1 Tug of Nobles and 2 Sugs of skilled jav

My opponent had 4 Tugs of Superior Legion, 2 Tugs of Average Legion, 2 Tugs of Auxilia and an Armenia ally with 2 Tugs of Charging lancers and a Sug of bow horse.

The battle field had secured flank (water) and a hill (with grass) in the middle.
I was out scouted and deployed first.
I opted to send the Numidian on a flank march.

I put my all my foot a bit back as to make the Roman attack me. While the flank march as well as the Greek cavalry were all on my right flank. 


My enemy put his superior foot on my left, his Auxiliary and some average foot on the hill in the middle and finally some foot (2 Tugs one average one superior) along with the Armenian on my right.

We started off with the Roman moving his foot forward while the Armenian got ready for the flank that was to come.

I moved only some foot on my right and the Greek cavalry


Round 2 and the Romans continued moving forwards, I only moved in the right again.

Round 3 the RED card came and I informed my opponent that the flank was on my right (the left had the water xaxaxa).

Round 4 and the flank started entering, I had managed to move my Greek cavalry up as well and had 2 Tugs of Hoplites in the area. In the left and center my foot started falling back as to make the Romans follow.

Round 5 and charges started. I charged with my Cavalry and a Sug of Numidian’s against my enemies Sug. Armenia lancers charged the Numidian Nobles. A Roman Tug charged 2 Tugs of Hoplites.

In the Melee the enemy Sug was destroyed taking with it my Greek cavalry.

Round 6 I managed to charge a Tug of Romans from the front and from the side. The Romans on the left and center continued to move up while I continued to fall back. Some shooting and some Melee resulted in me losing a Tug of Hoplites and my enemy losing a Tug of Lancers and a Tug of Romans.

Round 7 saw the last charges I charged the romans that were fighting Hoplites since round 5 from the flan. The Armenian lancers charged some Sugs (and contacted one) while the Numidian Nobles charged the Lancers from the flank. The hole roman battle line charged my foot.

A good friend pointed out that the light horse should have fleed but the enemy camp is right behind them (we moved it as it was in the way)

In the melee the followed both the Roman foot and the Armenian lancers were destroyed.

My opponents army had broken (thank the gods as my foot would have not lasted vs the superior Romans)



No comments: