20.9.21

MEG Maximus (LNS vs M. German)


Hi All


Another battle report from the summer.

Later Northern Song vs Medieval Germans.

My army as usual had lots of mix foot infantry and a few cavalry

My opponent had knights that could dismount, crossbowmen, Military order knights and some foot.

The terrain favored my opponent a bit as he had two pieces of terrain on each of his sides, he set up using some loose foot to hold the terrain and the knights in the middle.

I put my foot in my usual line and my cavalry on my left.

Turn 1

Both of us started moving and trying to make our opponent move as to get in position for shooting.

Turn 2

We had the first shooting from both sides (I had more shoots and thus made a few more hits)

We continued the maneuvering and I started falling back in some areas as to keep the distance from the enemy.

Turn 3

We had the first charge of the game and we continued the shooting.

My shooting on my right had started to show results as some enemy units were starting to have problems.

Turn 4

Some more charges from the Germans and one countercharge from me, as well as more shooting

The enemy to my right had started to crumble while my two cavalry units on my left stood to receive a charge from some knights J


Turn 5

The last round of the game and I managed to break the enemy army. I had lost 3 units in the battle and my opponents had put up a great fight. But with his left gone it was over.

 

The Battle showed me some thighs I usualy don’t use.

-          The countercharge and interception charge is very useful

-          Charging with knights vs infantry and then breaking of again is good especially vs mix foot if it loses the front rank 

No comments: