13.9.21

MEG Pacto Sassanid vs Byzantine

 

Hi All


As I was on summer holidays I have a few games I played and have not put on the blog.

First up a game o MEG Pacto
My Sassanid Persian vs Nikiphorian Byzantine

I had a very nice mix of cataphracts, bow cav and elephants as well as a heavy foot ally

My opponent had lots of mix foot, good cavalry and some other foot for terrain.

We set the PBS and I was defender while some terrain was on the battlefield.

In the center I had my foot (ally) while the elephants and most of the cavalry was on my right opposite to the byzantine cavalry, on my left I had 2 units of cavalry only vs some enemy foot.


We started and the enemy on my left pushed forward, while I pressed with my right.
A gap was created in my enemy’s line exactly where my elephants were going to pass from
J

A few charges were made on my left and I skirmished trying to gain time as my right could charge and my center could do the same.

I finally charged on the right and started picking of units.

In the center the mixed foot could not stand vs the ally foot, but the Varangian guard did it by itself (it took out 3 of my units all in the center including a unit of elephants).

By the end I had lost 3 units (all from the Varangian) and I broke the enemy army.

A great game and Takis my opponent was very impressed with the Varangian guard and the damage they caused


No comments: