13.7.21

MEG Maximus 28mm

 

Hi All

Second of my battles in the 28mm MEG Maximus tournament in Athens.

My Bahrein army faced off against 100 year war French

My opponent had 3 units of knights, some crossbow and longbow men and some foot troops.

Again I lost and was defender and I was out scouted. I opted to put all 3 of my cavalry units in flank march and set up my foot on the table.

Turn 1

I started moving my foot up the table, my opponent did the same as to get in shooting range.

Turn 2

I got the red card I needed to put the flank march in play and I informed my opponent from which side I would be coming in from the next round.

I used my shield cover and the shooting was mostly ineffective.

I moved (slowly due to the shield cover) while my opponent fell back with his shooting units. Some knights dismounted as to be ready to charge my foot.

He also turned a unit of average knights as to face the flank that would be coming in.

Turn 3

I got a second red card in my flank command so no problems

My flank came in, 2 units went for enemy units while the third went for the enemy camp.

My opponent charged some of my foot units with his foot units. The shooting units continued to shoot.

The impact and the melee were not conclusive and we stayed locked.

Turn 4

The knights charged one of my cavalry that came from the flank.

While I used the other to charge some foot from the side.

In the melee that followed units started to break from wounds on both sides.

Turn 5

I attacked the camp and made many hits

As most of my army was engaged I did not move much.

In the melee I managed to take the last hits needed on enemy units as to break the enemy army.
I managed to take the camp as well and the enemy army would have to take moral tests as well.


No comments: