19.7.21

MEG Maximus (LNS vs 100YW English)

 

Hi All

We had a great game of MEG Maximus yesterday.
My Later northern Song faced off against 100 YW English with Burgundian ally.

I had my usual list with lots of mixed foot (PA / Crossbow), some cavalry with bow and 2 war wagons (first time I used them)

My opponent had lots of longbow men (experienced and skilled) some Burgundian knights and some men at arms

I lost the roll off and after we put the terrain I also lost the scouting.

Turn 1

I moved my foot line up the field while I held back on my left (the enemy skilled Pbow were facing me).

Turn 2

I moved into firing range with my foot line, while I maneuvered a bit on the left as to draw the enemy skilled bow.

Turn 3

I charged in with one of my cavalry vs skilled Pbow (hahaha) and failed to contact the enemy. We continued with the shooting.

I fired 21 white dice hitting 5 times, my opponent fired 15 white dice making 5 hits as well.

On the left we continued maneuvering and my war wagons were set up against some men at arms (not the best match up). While I moved my second cavalry to support the first one that failed to charge.

In the battle lines maneuvering continued.

Turn 4

I charged again with both cavalry, in the other fronts my enemy charged a unit of mixed foot that had taken hits and I used a second unit to intercept as to help them,

The shooting in the impact phase was good for both of us, I lost the wounded cavalry but my fresh one contacted with no problems. The pbow that charged and were in turn countercharged contacted both my units.

In the impact that followed some wound were scored.

In the movement were continued to maneuver our battle lines while the men at arms came close as to charge the war wagons and I moved a mixed unit to help them out.

Melee was even with some hits being scored on both sides.

Turn 5

The men at arms charged in and contacted war wagons and mixed foot opposite to them.

While one more Pbow unit charged a wounded mixed foot unit

War wagons and the mixed foot actually made a dent on the men at arms with the shooting causing 3 wounds.
The impact that followed was a bit in my favor and the men at arms were left one base from braking.

Maneuvering continued and in the melee that followed everything was lost for the Song

First the cavalry fighting the pbow broke

Secondly I could not make any hits on the men at arms but they broke the war wagons

And finally my 2 units that were fighting Pbow units also broke.

Moral tests that followed were not in my favor and I lost another group and game ended with the Song breaking while the English lost 1 unit in total (many were close to breaking)

 

A great battle that pushed both generals and armies to the limit.
We had countercharged, interception, lots of shooting, and the war wagons (I used them for the first time).


No comments: