7.7.21

MEG Maximus 28mm


Hi All 

Had a great 28mm tournament in Athens and played two great battles.

I used my Bahrein (1075 CE) army with lots of Long spear foot, some archers and Flexible cavalry.

First opponent was Galatian (Asia Minor) which had lots of short spear devastating charger foot, some cavalry and some loose foot with javelins

I was out scouted and had to set up 4 units, I also opted to send all 3 of my cavalry units on a flank march as the table was packed with heavy foot units.

Turn 1

My opponent started moving his foot up the table as to come in contact with my foot while he kept two units (cavalry and loose foot) in reserve on each side.

I moved the archers in some terrain as to take shoots at the enemy but not much else

My flank march general got his red card and I told my opponent the side I would be coming in from.

Turn 2

I got a second red card in my flank march general (my flexible cavalry could come in as a Tug and not only in skirmish formation)

My opponent charged along the battle line, the impact was in his favor (barely) as he had +3 (short spear + devastating charger) while I had +2 (long spear + integral shooter).

Hits were on both sides with me taking a bit more.

In the movement phase my opponent had some issues with his cards while I moved in my flank march using all 3 of my cards (2 red, 1 green) and now my cavalry was in a great position to start hitting the enemy units.

In the melee things were the same as

Turn 3

I charged with 2 of my cavalry units. One went against the enemy cavalry and the other hit the battle line that was fighting from the side.

In the impact the cavalry that hit the battle line broke them and charged on the next group.

With some helpful Moral test I managed to break 3 groups by the end of the melee

My opponent attempted to send some reserves he had to help out.

Turn 4

In the charge phase I charged with the unengaged cavalry and managed to engage my enemy’s cavalry in front of his camp.

As very few units were not engaged by now maneuvering was very minimal

In the melee that followed my opponent lost a further 3 units and I lost 2 units

Turn 5

I managed to get the last enemy unit needed to break the enemy

 

A very bloody battle and a very nicely painted army

As the enemy was all tribal and commanders were instinctive in some critical points of the battle that he needed to make some moves it did not help   

No comments: