14.7.21

MEG Pacto

 

Hi All

We had our first MEG Pacto tournament last Saturday (10/07/21) in Patra.

The local wargame club (Don Kihot) of Patra organized the very successful event.

10 players (4 from Athens) took part, 8 played all there games and 2 played 1 game each.

I took part with my Syracuse Greek army (lots of hoplites).

First game was against Greko Bactrian (Pikes and lancers)

I lost the scouting and had to start deploying units first

When we finished the set up my hoplites and Galatians were up against Pikes and hoplites. I had my Numidian ally facing some Iranian lancers and some Greek Xystophoroi.

Turn 1

We both moved up our forces. I made sure my Numidians were in shooting range of the enemy horsemen.

Turn 2

The Bactrian cavalry on my right charged against the Numidians, I skirmished and shoot them but no contact was made.

We both continued moving our infantry lines up the field and next turn charges would happen.

Turn 3

The Bactrians charged in while I only charged with some Galatians on my flanks.

The Numiadians skirmished again and were not contacted.

The impact was with hits on both sides but fortunately I only lost one base.

In the movement I managed to turn some units on the flanks as to be ready for flank charges next round.

In the melee that followed we both took hits and we both lost a unit, the moral tests that followed were not eventful

Turn 4

I charged 2 units in the flanks, the Bactrian Cataphracts charged in at Hoplites (not a good plan) and the Numidian nobles received a charge from some lancers that had taken hits.

In the impact my opponent lost a few units and the moral tests that followed cost him another unit and the game.

 

I lost 3 units while I broke the Bactrians

A very nice game vs a great player, we had actually been talking on FB for some months but this was our first game close up.  


1 comment:

donjorge said...

Great game against a great opponent, who merited the victory and had an immaculate plan. John is very organised and skilful tactician, but in the same time he's patient and thorough while he explains the game. It was a very educational experience, love to repeat it again. John is a real MeG afficionado.