7.6.21

MEG Maximus

 

Hi All

Yesterday I visited my good friend George who is godfather to my son.
We took the opportunity to play a game of MEG Maximus (with lots of interruptions)

I had my Later Northern Song with me, lots of mix foot PA/crossbow and few cav bow

George used later 100 year war English with Burgundian ally, lots of longbow men + knights

I won the roll, pbs, scouting and plains it was with minimum terrain.

George dismounted the Burgundians and along with his men at arms made a very strong line on fully armored foot, longbow men were on my left (2 mounted units and 3 dismounted) and one English mounted knight was behind them as well as some bill men.

I put my infantry in line opposite to George’s line and behind them some Bolt shooters, on my left I had infantry and all my cavalry as to try and flank him (not good idea).   

Turn 1

We started off by moving up to come in bow range (I was a bit afraid of the fully armored foot). So only on my left did we get in range for shooting.

We had a pause in the game as my son wanted to take a swim in the poll and after a short dive in the poll we resumed.

Turn 2

We both took shoots at each other on my left and afterwards continued moving.

Turn 3

George charged with all 3 of his fully armored foot. My shooting at chargers was not very good (white dice with S=W) and they all came in contact even though they started at +2 BW away.


The impact battle was equal (green vs green dice) but in the Melee George better armor and 2hc weapon started giving him the advantage (thankfully for me I had made some wounds).

The shooting was with mediocre results for both sides.

And we both moved as to be ready to take advantage of any units braking.

We stopped to eat

Turn 4

The Bill men charged in as well.
I had one of my cavalry (5 bases strong) charge at George’s knights from the flank and a tug of longbow men from the front. I only needed to move less than 1 BW so I was confident but that was not to be the group took 5 hits from 3 dice and was wiped out.

The shooting contained to be mediocre.   

At this point my son was a bit tiered so we called the game.

George had taken 4 of my Tugs and was close to take 2 more and break me

I had taken 3 of Georges Tugs and only 2 of his were close to breaking.

No comments: