14.6.21

MEG Pacto


Hi All

Had some great Pacto games on Saturday

First up My Cyrenean Greek vs Catalan company in Greece

I Had lots of Hoplites (LS/SC/Shove) some chariots and a unit of Pike men

My opponent had lots of Almughavars and some knights.

I was out scouted and set up the first units.

As we finished the set up my left had 2 units of chariots vs 2 units of knights (one armored one protected) In the center my Hoplites and Pike faced of against the Almughavars and on my right I had my ally (Libyan) with nothing in front of him.  

Turn 1

I moved my left and my right while the Catalans moved up all along the front.

Turn 2

The knights and chariots on my left charged each other, in the center the Almughavars came close for the charge while on the right the ally moved up as to threaten the Almughavar line.

The impact and Melee of the units of cavalry was with few wounds on each side but no bases lost

Turn 3

The Almughavars charged in and in the impact some lucky shoves save my line. I started with the Pike unit which was equal with the Almughavars.
The Ally turned his chariots and my opponent had to keep 1 unit of Almughavars back as to protect the side.

In the Melee that followed I managed to destroy the unit of protected knights and my opposing chariots moved up as to threaten the side on the Almughavars

The two infantry lines had taken many wound and I lost 1 unit while the Almughavars lost 2 units. The KAB (moral) tests that followed cost me 2 more units (they had both taken wounds and the yellow KAB test took them out) while the Almughavars lost 3 more units.

Turn 4

As the Catalans were 1 unit away from breaking and I needed 3 more and as I had 2 flank charges we did the impacts and the Catalans lost the final unit needed.

 

As always Pacto is a very nice and fast game which keeps many of the Maximus concepts but is much easier (very good for new players to start the game). Or if you want to have a 3-4 game tournament in one day.
The 3 BW range for the KAB tests is very deadly and can cost you the game.


No comments: