15.6.21

MEG Pacto

Hi All

Second MEG Pacto game and my Cyrenean Greeks faced off against Medieval Frisians.

As always I had lots of Hoplites (LS/SC) some chariots and one unit of Pike, my opponent had lots of Spearmen some archers (Crossbow, bow) and some cavalry.

My opponent won the roll off as he had a talented general in the PBS I did well and I lost the scouting.
I set up some of my units on my right (my ally first) my opponent put in his barricades and his shooters behind them so I opted to avoid that. Afterword we both set up our main battle lines. On my right I had my chariots and one unit of light foot (SUG) archers.

My plan was simple make him come to me so I don’t get in range of the artillery he had and then hit him from the side.

Turn 1

My opponent moved up with his entire army except the units in the barricade. I only moved my chariots and light foot up.


Turn 2

My chariots and the enemy cavalry came into contact in the charge phase. In the impact I rolled a skull and killed one of his cavalry units (it was a unit of 1 base), the unit next to it took a moral (KAB) test.

The battle lines closed in and charges would happen in the next round.


Turn 3

The battle lines can into contact, I started the battle from the Pikes and they gave me a shove which helped in the other battles. The wound and losses were even.
in the melee that followed we both had units break and in the end of the round thanks to moral (KAB) tests I had lost 3 units and my enemy ha 5 lost units.

Turn 4

My chariots managed to make a flank charge which broke an enemy unit and the moral (KAB) tests that followed gave me the game.

A very bloody game. My opponent had a very big army and even though I stayed away from the fortifications he still had the whole table covered.

As always with Pacto the moral (KAB) tests are brutal and can decimate an army.     

1 comment:

pancraziohabig said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.