24.6.21

MEG Maximus

 

Hi All

Had a great game of MEG Maximus on Saturday.

Medieval Frisians vs Catalan company in Greece.

If you read my reports a few days back we had a MEG Pacto game with the same enemies and we wanted to see what would happen in Maximus.

My Catalans had 7 units of Almughavars and some cavalry units (2 shooty cav and 2 charging lancers)

The Frisians had lots of Long spear infantry units 1 cavalry and some troops with bows/crossbows.

The Frisian opted to be defender and had a coast on one of the flanks he also won the scouting and I had to put 4 units first.

Turn 1

I opted to moved my line up as to take the small hill in the middle of the field. While my two units of lancers were moving in the flanks. My opponent had some problems with command cards and could not move all the units he wanted.

Turn 2

My shooty cav started taking shots at the infantry that was in front of them  (actually made 6 wounds on the two units they were facing).
Our two battle lines were in charge range after the movement phase.

Turn 3

The shooty cav continued shooting at the enemy foot.

on my left we had contact with wound on both sides. On my right I also made a charge (flank charge) with my superior Almughavars.

in the movement phase I maneuvered my lancers as to be ready for flank charges next round. Again my opponent had problems with his command cards and could not move all the units he wanted.

Turn 4

I charged with both lancer units while my opponent charged with his cav on the flank of the superior Almughavars.

In the shooting my shooty cav broke one enemy unit.

After movement and melee my enemy had lost 5 units ( 4 foot +1 cavalry).

Turn 5

We stopped the game as it was not going very well for the Frisians.

We talked about our plans and what we would have done in turn 5 but my 4 units of cavalry were free with no opponent in front of them to hit the enemy flanks.     

No comments: